Laurie from the House of 34 was nice to nominate me for a Versatile Blogger award! Thank you Laurie! While visiting her blog, I read a post she wrote called “Almost, But Not Quite” that had me nodding my head in agreement–she talks about her enthusiasm during the beginning of a project, but how she has problems finishing them up. I also suffer from this affliction 😉 But what I had to laugh about was how she talks about leaving out cleaning supplies so that her husband would acknowledge that she had cleaned. I used to do that with the kids’ toys!! It was my way of making the Hubs notice what we had done that day. Kindred spirits, Laurie and I are.
Part of the rules are to nominate 15 other blogs that you read regularly. I’ve always been a party pooper with chain letters and the like, so I hope I don’t attract bad karma by breaking that rule. But I did think it would be fun to list 7 things about me. You already know some stuff, like how I look in the prom dress I wore back in ’88, but here’s some more stuff:
1) I had big dreams to organically farm the 23 acres we live on when we first moved here 12 years ago. I now have problems harvesting anything from the medium-sized garden I grow, due to cucumber beetles and japanese beetles. This year I am armed with Sevin dust. I don’t know if I’ll be able to make myself use it, but I’m armed. And angry (stinkin bugs!)
2) I received my first undergraduate degree in Elementary Education just 2 years ago at the age of 38 from an online college called Western Governors University. You can accelerate through the program and I completed 3 years of school (I already had a year of credits to transfer in) in 15 months. With the help of a LOT of coffee and very little sleep.
3) I am still on the wall of the middle school gym I attended for a track record in the 4 x 400 m relay team I was on in 1985.
4) I was voted most likely to marry a New Kid on the Block at the end of year party for Ashley Third Lows dorm at Bowling Green State University back in 1990. I was probably too old to be obsessed with NKOTB–and I was already planning on marrying Tom Cruise anyway. I’m pretty sure Nicole Kidman would have stepped aside.
5) I married a man that looked enough like Tom Cruise that we were waiting in a slow moving line one time early in our marriage, and a lady went a little spastic about how much the Hubs looked like Tom Cruise. Spastic. The Hubs still talks about that. (we’re going on 18 years next month)
6) I can’t eat gluten. Or dairy. And now I suspect corn.
7) I secretly wish I could make money running my own business. Etsy shop? Flip houses? Build stuff for a local shop? Decorate other people’s homes? All those things have flitted about in the constant stream of ideas in my head.
And there you have it. I will once again tell you to make sure that you comment on blogs you visit and appreciate. If you read Laurie’s post on her own Versatile Blogger award, you will see that she was having doubts about continuing to blog and one of her readers nominated her. You might just be the one to motivate another to keep going. I know I have have had those thoughts and a kind reader’s words are what kept me going!
Thanks again Laurie 🙂